Bowery Savings Bank, NYC
Located at 130 Bowery, the Bowery Savings bank building was constructed in 1893-95 on the site of the bank's first building which served as the home of New York City's fourth Savings Bank. It is a major example of the work of the architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White. MG New York Architects' renovation to the bank was to change the use of the building while monitoring the architectural features of the space. For example, MG disassembled the teller cage and store to create a wide open space without barriers, now suitable for commercial use such as banquets and concert hall.
MG New York Architects remains to be an innovative leader in creating multi-purpose use to designated Landmark Buildings while preserving the original distinction of the buildings.