55 Wall Street, NYC
55 Wall Street was built to replace the former Merchants Exchange building, which was destroyed in the great fire of 1838. The renowned architect Isaiah Rogers was commissioned to design the new building. Completed in 1842, the space was used by the Stock Exchange and by the Federal Government. In 1907, the building was altered under the architects McKim, Mead & White. 55 Wall Stret is now registered as both a City and National Landmark, totaling 225,000 square feet in size. Michael Gadaleta of MG Architects transformed the space into a 144 room 5-star hotel with a 30,000 square foot banquet hall.