The Hague at the Beacon, Jersey City, NJ
The Margaret Hague Maternity Hospital is one of the most treasured landmarks in Jersey City, joining the Jersey City Hospital Complex on October 12, 1931. During the peak of its operation, it is believed that more babies were born here than any other hospital in the nation. The Art Deco hospital building was proposed by Jersey City's famous Mayor Frank Hague and designed by architect Christian H. Ziegler. The hospital closed in 1979 and was used as office space until 1995.
MG New York Architects is restored and converted the 250,000 sq. ft. landmark building at the new Beacon Complex into 238 residential units, including studios, one, two, and three bedrooms, and several duplex apartments on the upper floors, some with incredible views of Manhattan. The Hague was officially opened April 2016.
MGNY was proud to receive a 2016 NJ Historic Preservation Award for the restoration and conversion of The Hague. To view our booklet submission, please click here.